Created by artist Sarah Taylor Silverwood, in collaboration with Multistory, The Women’s Honour Award will celebrate the many and varied roles that women who live and / or work in Sandwell do as care-givers, supporters and more. We all know a woman who goes above and beyond for us; who quietly goes that extra mile behind the scenes. Maybe you have a neighbour who helps with your housework; a sister who takes you to the park after school; or a daughter who takes care of you. The three winners chosen by our judging panel will have their portrait painted by Sarah Taylor Silverwood and, together with their family and friends, they will be invited to a celebration event where the portraits will be revealed.
Our judging panel includes:
- Syeda Khatun – Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member of Sandwell Council
- Julie McKirdy – Sandwell Libraries
- Tina Cockbill – Nod’s Café, West Bromwich
How to nominate someone:
- Enter online by filling in the form below
- Print a form and post it to us – click here to download a printable form. Please send completed forms to: Multistory – The Women’s Honour Award, 1st Floor Town Hall, Lodge Road, West Bromwich, B70 8DY
Do I need to get someone’s permission beforeI nominate them?
No. However, it is important that any information from you that we use is accurate and where it relates to an individual besides you, that it is fair and does not contain any details which that person would not want us to have. If the person you nominate is successful, we will ask you for their contact details so that we can check that they are happy to be involved before we proceed with the award. We recommend that you check they are happy for us to contact them before you pass on their contact details to us.
Can I nominate someone under 18?
Nominees must be 18 or over, but nominators can be any age!
Deadline for entries: Wednesday 15th August, 2018