This website is operated by Multistory (company number 5910607 / registered charity number 1116214) (‘we’ or ‘us’) and whose registered office address is at 1st Floor, Town Hall, Lodge Road, West Bromwich, B70 8DY. We are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
Multistory is committed to protecting and preserving the privacy of our visitors when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us. This Policy relates to your use of our website(s) and emails sent from us to you.
We take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information on:
- the personal information we collect about you;
- what we do with your information;
- how it is stored; and
- who your information might be shared with.
If you have any queries about this Policy, need further information or wish to lodge a complaint you can use the contact details below:
Caron Wright, Company Manager, Multistory, Town Hall, Lodge Road, West Bromwich, B70 8DY.
Direct Dial: 0121 569 2883
How we collect AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect your personal information for the following purposes.
- To identify you and manage your subscription with us and send you e.newsletters.
- To manage Multistory competitions on this website or via our social media channels.
- To fulfil a booking or a purchase request.
- To respond to enquiries made using our ‘ Contact Us’ form.
- To conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis.
- To customise our website and its content to your particular preferences.
- To notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you.
- To improve our services.
Whilst we will keep all of the personal information we collect confidential, we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances as set out within this Policy. We confirm that we will keep the information on a secure server and that we will comply fully with all applicable UK Data Protection legislation and regulations in force from time to time.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
Multistory uses your information only for its own purposes. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
When you are using our secure online payment system, your purchase is processed by a third-party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
In order to fulfil our obligations, Multistory may pass your details to third parties where this is necessary for the functioning of our website.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED FROM YOU?
We may collect and process certain data and information relating to you and your use of this site and your subscription. Your privacy is important to us and we confirm that we will never release your personal details to any third party for their mailing or marketing purposes. The data that we collect is detailed below.
- Information you provide in order to enter a competition or promotion via the site, or complete a survey.
- Information you provide to us by sending us a message through the ‘Contact Us’ page on our website and / or you communicate with us electronically will be used for the purposes of handling your enquiry.
- Information provided by you on our news / blog posts.
- Information that you provide us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as registering for information or making a purchase.
- Information that you provide us if you report a problem with our web page.
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use the website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the Internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service. The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. This information is recorded and sent to third-party processors for the purposes of data analysis, to improve our marketing efforts and for targeting specific services and products
THOSE AGE 16 AND UNDER
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent / guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
If you unsubscribe from our e.newsletter, we will delete the information you provided us with, other than your email address, which the company that hosts our weekly email keeps on a list we can access, to ensure you are not re-subscribed. Please contact Mailchimp if you have any queries about this.
LINKS AND THIRD PARTIES
In addition, if you were referred to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
our website hosts
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed as 100% secure, but we take appropriate steps to try to protect the security of your personal data when you have submitted it to us. We make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems with passwords needed to access it.
When you are using our secure online payment system, your purchase is processed by a third-party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. We do not store any financial details.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Multistory holds about you.
At any point you can contact us to request that the information we hold about you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. Once we have received your request we will respond within 30 days.
If the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
You have the right to request that Multistory stops processing your data. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your / our other rights and obligations.
In order to process any of the requests listed above, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise these rights.
See the ‘opt-out’ section below for contact details.
In those cases where we need your consent to hold your information, we will ask you to take an active step, such as entering your email address. By taking that active step, you are stating that you understand this Policy and have been informed as to why Multistory is collecting the information, how it will be used, for how long it will be kept, who else will have access to it and what your rights are as a data subject.
COOKIES & TRACKING
We may also use the cookies to gather information about your general Internet use to further assist is in developing our website. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive and then stored there and transferred to us where appropriate to help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings or use a dedicated browser extension so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies here
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
HOW DO I OPT OUT
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not make contact with you unless you have opted in or contacted us for information or we are responding to a booking, competition entry or purchase. If you no longer want to receive direct communications from us about Multistory and our work then you can unsubscribe in one of two ways:
- click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of newsletter emails sent to you;
- email email@example.com or telephone Caron on 0121 569 2883 and we will process your request within 7 days.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy. This is version 1.0, created in April, 2018.