Are you aged 16 to 25 and want to learn how to make your own podcast and tell the stories that matter to you?
Multistory is offering a FREE, 12-week course where you can learn everything about podcasting including research, how to create a story, post-production and marketing. There are 8 places available and it will take place between 7 February and 18 April, 2022.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to meet like-minded people, learn transferable skills for your CV and tell stories you are interested in! You’ll get the opportunity to work with podcasters, graphic designers, sound designers and more and your podcasts will be promoted on Soundcloud, Spotify and iTunes.
The only requirement to register your interest is that you need to be from, or have a connection to, Sandwell or the Black Country.
The workshops will take place both in person and online. Once we’ve recruited the group, we’ll agree a regular time and day meeting slot for the 12 week programme that suits the majority.
Travel costs will be paid for.
Some of the skills gained in the programme
- Research and development skills.
- Production and editing of a podcast.
- Marketing and communication.
- Event planning.
- Team work.
- Collaborating with professionals such as a graphic designer and sound designer.
Why take part?
- At the end of the programme you will have written, directed and created your very own podcast!
- You’ll receive mentoring from industry professionals.
- You’ll have learned the transferable skills listed above.
- You can share you new skills on your CV and with future employers.
- You’ll have expanded your professional networks.
- You must be aged 16 to 25.
- You must be from, or have a connection to, Sandwell or the Black Country.
- You must be able to attend regular workshops in person or on Zoom (this will depend on the situation with Covid-19 as well as everyone’s preference).
- No previous skills or experience are necessary.
- No software or technology are needed as we can provide everything.
To express an interest, complete this form by 30 January, 2022. Email Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to chat about your application, have any questions or want some help with filling out the registration form.
Background Info about Sandwell Stories
Sandwell Stories is an audio project produced by Multistory where we talk to, and share, everyday experiences of local people. You can listen here.
The second series of Multistory’s podcast series is told through the voices of four poets and looks at the past and the present, the lives of a new generation, and a desire to belong. Mothers and fathers; sons and daughters; young people making a mark on the streets of Sandwell.
Roy McFarlane begins with stories from young fathers and shares memories of those who have passed over: an ode to the different stages of fatherhood. Kuli Kohli takes us back to the turn of the millennium in the time of a crisis and the birth of a premature baby, mix-taped with rap from her eldest son. Casey Bailey evokes a new generation’s desire to be seen; stories of young people ‘asking for a tomorrow’. And Rupinder Kaur poeticises a daughter and mother relationship with a tongue that holds three languages.
These are the stories formed and fleshed in the soil and given breath by voices of the Black Country.
This series was launched on 27 October 2020 and we held a special event with all the poets on 8 November 2020