Are you aged 16 to 25 and want to learn how to make your own podcast and tell the stories that matter to you?
Multistory is offering a FREE, 12-week course where you can learn everything about podcasting including research, how to create a story, post-production and marketing. There are 8 places available and it will take place between 7 February and 18 April, 2022.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to meet like-minded people, learn transferable skills for your CV and tell stories you are interested in! You’ll get the opportunity to work with podcasters, graphic designers, sound designers and more and your podcasts will be promoted on Soundcloud, Spotify and iTunes.
The only requirement to register your interest is that you need to be from, or have a connection to, Sandwell or the Black Country.
The workshops will take place both in person and online. Once we’ve recruited the group, we’ll agree a regular time and day meeting slot for the 12 week programme that suits the majority.
Travel costs will be paid for.
Some of the skills gained in the programme
- Research and development skills.
- Production and editing of a podcast.
- Marketing and communication.
- Event planning.
- Team work.
- Collaborating with professionals such as a graphic designer and sound designer.
Why take part?
- At the end of the programme you will have written, directed and created your very own podcast!
- You’ll receive mentoring from industry professionals.
- You’ll have learned the transferable skills listed above.
- You can share you new skills on your CV and with future employers.
- You’ll have expanded your professional networks.
- You must be aged 16 to 25.
- You must be from, or have a connection to, Sandwell or the Black Country.
- You must be able to attend regular workshops in person or on Zoom (this will depend on the situation with Covid-19 as well as everyone’s preference).
- No previous skills or experience are necessary.
- No software or technology are needed as we can provide everything.
To express an interest, complete this form by 30 January, 2022. Email Becky at email@example.com if you want to chat about your application, have any questions or want some help with filling out the registration form.